Now Hiring For Fall 2017!
2017 Seasonal Sea Kayak Guide and Outdoor Educator
Rippleffect is seeking individuals who have experience working with youth and adolescents in varied outdoor education settings for the position of seasonal guide.
Rippleffect is a non-profit youth and community development organization operating outdoor and leadership adventure programming out of Portland, Maine. We own Cow Island, and run many of our youth and adult programs from this 26-acre island campus. Serving over 4,000 youth annually, we have a summer day and overnight camp program, year-round wilderness treks, youth leadership programs, and spring and fall orientation programs for school and community groups.
• Manage and mentor groups of 7-14 youth (ages 8-18) while delivering a diverse curriculum, including leadership development, sea kayak skills training, environmental education, and more.
• Work with a co-guide, island manager, and program director to implement quality outdoor programming.
• Manage the inherent risk of the job and maintain industry safety standards for students in the field.
• Complete all necessary paper work.
• Attend and complete all required staff trainings.
• We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have experience and are committed to working with youth, and who have a passion for living and working in the outdoors. Our guides are the critical component of all of our courses.
• Experience facilitating a group over multiple days of varied adventure activities while weaving learning outcomes into the group process.
• Mid-level experience in coastal sea kayaking and navigation. Applicant must satisfactorily pass Rippleffect’s sea kayak training assessment.
• Experience on a challenge/ropes course and climbing wall.
• Wilderness First Responder and CPR are required.
• All applicants must be 18 years of age.
• Flexibility in the job. Understand that this job is as demanding as it is gratifying and may require personal lifestyle adjustments. Some overnights and weekend work will be required.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are licensed boat captains, Registered Maine Sea Kayak Guides, and Maine State Camp Trip Leaders.
Compensation – Guide pay range is $100 to $120 per day. We also provide workers’ compensation insurance, equipment discounts and high quality staff training.
Duration — Required June-August, with preference given to candidates who can commit to working in May, September and early October.
Contact — Logan Faulkingham, Program Manager – email@example.com
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter to address above. We also accept mailed applications to:
Rippleffect, Inc./ PO Box 441/ Portland, Maine 04112